On behalf of the Scientific Director and the whole team of the Oñati International Institute for the Sociology of Law (IISL), welcome to the Antia Residence.
Here is some basic information to ensure that you have a great stay in Antia Residence (or Antixena, as it’s called in the Oñati dialect of the Basque language).
The Residence is home to UPV/EHU International Master in Sociology of Law students and also to visiting scholars, professors, and other academics. This creates a very agreeable atmosphere and the opportunity to connect with each other in a relaxed environment.
Upon arrival, you will be provided with a personal numeral code of 6 digits to unlock the main entrance door. After that, you will be handed your room key and main door key. Please note that the code is changed periodically for safety.
There is no reception area and residents must take some responsibility for safety – your own as well as that of the building.
- For anything related with the maintenance of the Residence, please contact email@example.com.
- In cases of any COVID19 communication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as son as posible.
- In case of emergency please dial the EMERGENCY NUMBER 112
The IISL offices are in Antigua Universidad building. Five minutes walk from Antia Residence.
The Antia Residence and the IISL University building have free Wi-Fi.
For all payments, please refer to Ms. Manttoni Kortabarria (email@example.com; Administration office of the IISL – first floor).
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19-related exceptional situation, once you arrive at the University building, you must to go directly to the Library (ground floor) to check your body temperature.
We hope you enjoy your time among us.
The Antia Residence is a historic building dating from the 18th Century, at a short walk from the Institute. The Residence has 22 rooms, as well as a TV room, a communal kitchen, a dining and living room, and, washing and drying facilities. You will be provided with sheets, blankets, pillow and towels, which are changed once a week. The bathroom is cleaned once a week too.
From 1/09/2018 on
|individual room||deposit individual room|
|per month / per person||Master's students||€417.00||€420.00|
|per month / per person||people on sabbatical leave||€459.00||€460.00|
|per day / per person||workshop participants||€31.00||--|
Note: Prices are correct except typographical error. Prices include 10% VAT.
- Due to the special circumstances related to the COVID-19, please follow the health guidelines from the Health Department of the Basque Government. These are specified in informative posters placed at the Residence.
- When you leave, and at night, please ensure that the door to your room and all outside doors are locked. This includes the doors from the dining room to the terrace.
- Recycling is mandatory due to the rules in force by the City Hall. Please put all recyclable material in the appropriate bins. There are bins in the kitchen and in the common areas for plastics/packages (yellow), paper (blue), organic materials (brown), glass and non-recyclable material (dark grey). When these bins are full, please empty them into the general recycling containers on the ground floor of the Residencia.
In your room, please follow these simple rules:
- Do not smoke, including smoking out of your window (detectors are installed in both public and private areas of the Residencia and the alarm will go off).
- Do not eat or drink in your room. The dining room is the only area available for this usage.
- Do not move the furniture in the room.
Manttoni Kortabarria Madina
Susana Arrese Murguzur