The design of the course is to give students practical experience in rhetoric, self presentation, communication including negotiation and mediation.
The course offers findings from communication theory, communication psychology, (personnel) management studies and sociology of law.
Aims of the course
This course does not contribute to the overall assessment of the Masters programme. Nevertheless, it is an important component of the programme. The aims are:
• to get acquainted right from the beginning of the master course
• to learn about self perception, social perception and perception of the other
• to enhance presentation skills
• to get an insight into the basic principles of communication drawing on various theoretical concepts,
• to train communication skills
• to learn and practice techniques of negotiation
• to try out counselling skills and conversation techniques needed in mediation
The course will also make students reflect about difficulties - strongholds, problems – advantages of different methods of conflict solution.