-Any document from the Library can be borrowed, except for the following types, which can only be consulted on the premises:
- Reference works
- Electronic documents
- Unpublished PhD theses, other theses and research works
- Documents that are excluded from loan according to the catalogue
-Each user will be allowed to borrow a maximum of 6 documents.
-The maximum time allowed to keep a document is 7 days. This timeframe can be extended. The extension can be requested before the deadline and as long as the document has not been reserved for loan by another user.
-A document that is on loan can be reserved. Once it is handed back, the library will notify the interested user by email so that he/she can collect it. The document will be on reservation for as long as 3 days. If the petitioner has not collected it, the document will be put back on the shelf or will be passed on the next user who has requested it.
-Return: The documents must be returned within the appropriate deadlines. The user must hand them in at the library desk during the library working hours.
-Breach of norms:
- An unjustified delay in returning the document will be penalized with a temporary suspension of the lending right:
-One day of suspension for every day of delay and every document.
-From day 50 of delay, the lending right will be suspended for 6 months.
-The user will not be able to reserve a document while the suspension lasts.
- Loss of a document: The user will be responsible for substituting the lost document or, if the document is no longer on sale, for purchasing an analogous document. The library staff will supervise the purchase and will notify the user so that he/she can make the payment.
- Damage of a document: The user must ensure good conservation of the borrowed document. If it is noticed that a document has been damaged during the loan by a particular user, he/she will have to replace the document. The rules exposed in the previous paragraph apply.
Avenida de la Universidad, 8
20560 Oñati (Gipuzkoa) - Spain
F: +34 943 78... Ver fax