The Board of the International Institute for Sociology of Law has created residence grants for scholars who would like to conduct research at the Institute’s Library and Documentation Centre.
- Offer 1 residence grant to a PhD to stay up to 3 months in the Residence (shared accommodation during October-March minimum 2 months);
- Offer 3 residence grants to Post-doctorals to stay up to 1 month in the Residence (shared accommodation and minimum 3 weeks during October-March). It will be possible to stay longer as visiting scholars.
Anyone interested in applying for such a grant, should submit the application before the 7th of February 2020, together with the following documents:
- Application form.
- A description of the research project to be carried out.
- A summarized CV (maximum 800 words)
- Information about the applicant’s country of origin, current job and other relevant information about personal financial circumstances.
- Proof (where relevant) of having been awarded other financial assistance for the research.
When awarding grants, coming from a country in category C of the list drawn up by the International Sociological will be Association will be a basis for preferential treatment.
Because of the large number of visitors who come to Oñati every year, the IISL cannot be held responsible for any accidents or illnesses the person may experience during their stay. For this reason, people awarded the residence grant should themselves procure any necessary travel and accident insurance.