Workshops proposals can relate to any topic within sociolegal studies and sociology of law, however the Department of Justice has identified some research themes that are of particular relevance to the Basque Country. These themes are:
- Socio-legal Problems on Housing.
- Juvenile delinquency: the status juvenile offenders; evaluation of the role and functioning of juvenile courts; suggestions for improvements.
- Impact of legal reform implemented recently in the Basque Country, in particular, the current legislation on gender violence: assessment of the impact of reform on society and suggestions for improvements. Analysis of potential further reform is particularly welcomed, for instance, the involvement of the victim in social protection awareness training, family involvement, improving the role of the police, etc.
- The measures adopted by youth courts: study of the impact of education and social interventions, such as work programmes, care of elderly people, programmes to benefit the community; relationship between interventions and the crime committed; study of measures adopted in other jurisdictions.
- Civil mediation and cross-border trafficking of people: status of families living in border regions; the role of civil mediation in cross-border issues; implementation of the European Directive 2008/52/EC of the European Parliament and European Council (21st May 2008) concerning meditation in civil and commercial matters, and its application to the border between Spain and France.