Candidates must have a University degree in sociology, law, social sciences and/or in another discipline related to Sociology of Law. Undergraduates in their final year may be admitted on the basis of their anticipated results, but they must already have been awarded their first degree diploma by the time the Master's course begins
Applicants must have a good working knowledge of English, reading and writing as well as spoken. The ability to use social science literature published in other languages is useful.
With their application forms, candidates must send:
- A copy of their passport or identity card;
- A passport-style photo;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A transcript of the credits or subjects taken in and showing satisfactory completion of the first degree in Spanish, English, Italian, French, Portuguese or translated into Spanish by an official translator;
- A nofficially recognised copy of the first degree diploma in Spanish, English, Italian, French, Portuguese, or translated into Spanish by and official translator
- A copy of a TOEFL diploma, IELTS or other evidence of fluency in English.
- Furthermore, applicants must send two references written by their previous university teachers of other scholars. Their references should verify the details of your qualification(s) obtained and your class standing.
Total tuition fees for the Master's Programme come to € 3,000. Upon acceptance, a deposit of € 300 will be paid. The remaining € 2,700 should be paid into the aforementioned account before the start of the programme in September. The deposit will not be returned if, for any reason, the candidate does not take part in the Master's Programme.
Application deadline: 28th February 2017 Applicants who will not meet it will be considered for admission on a space available basis.
Notificacion fo acceptance: early April 2017
Within one month of the date of the notification of acceptance onto the Master's programme, a € 300 deposit is required. This amount will be deducted from the total tuition fees and is payable either by Visa or Master card, a cheque in euros drawn on a Spanish bank or by bank transfer to the following bank account:
Oñati International Institute for the Sociology of Law
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Oñati
International Code of Bank account
IBAN ES84 0182 0326 1000 1052 9952
Bank Identification Code BBVAESMMXXX
Tuition fees for participation in single courses are € 300.
Special tuition fees: For former IISL Master students: 150 €.
Lodging: See Information about the IISL Residence.