The Board of the International Institute for Sociology of Law has created residence grants for scholars who would like to conduct research at the Institute’s Library and Documentation Centre:
- 1 residence grant to a PhD to stay up to 3 months in the Residence (shared accommodation during October-March, minimum 2 months);
- 3 residence grants to Postdoctorals to stay up to 1 month in the Residence (shared accommodation and minimum 3 weeks during October-March). It will be possible to stay longer as visiting scholars +info
Those interested in applying for such a grant should fill out the application form and submit it before the 9h of February 2018. In order to consider the application, this has to include the following:
- The application form;
- A description of the research Project to be carried out;
- A summarised CV (máximum 800 words);
- Information about personal financial circumstances;
- Proof (where relevant) of having been awarded other financial assistance for the research.
When awarding grants, citizenship of or a permanent residence in a country in category C of the list drawn up by the International Sociological Association will be a basis for preferential treatment.
Owing to the large number of visitors to the Institute every year, the IISL cannot be held responsible for any accidents or illnesses the person may experience during his/her stay. As such, persons awarded a residence grant should make personal arrrangements for any necessary travel and accident insurance.